|400 g beef knuckle
400 g onion – diced
1 dl vegetable oil
10 g paprika
3 dl beef stock
5 g bay leaf powder
5 g cumin powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
salt, black pepper
|1. Clean meat from larger vessels and cut into small cubes (5×5 mm).
2. Stew onion in a little oil. This is an important stage that affects the final flavor of the gulash. Unlike other stewing, which are mainly made until the onion becomes translucent and gets golden color, with gulsh onions should be caramelized, to obtain a partially dark brown color.
3. Remove from the heat, add the red pepper, mix and immediately add the meat.
4. Pour a stock so that meat is covered and cook over low heat, mixing occasionally and topping up fluids.
5. Crumble bay leaves, garlic and cumin in the mortar until you made a fine paste.
6. After you cooked meat for 90 minutes, insert the prepared pasta and fresh pepper. With continuous stirring, reduce the liquid by half.
7. Cool it.
|400 g bread flour
5 eggs (or 12 eggs yolks)
20 ml olive oil
7 l water
2 dl olive oil
200 g kajmak (substitutable with mix of 100 gr melted butter and 100 gr Mozzarella)
|1. On your workplace, create a pile of flour with a recess in the middle; put the eggs and oil in it.
2. With circular motions gradually stir in the flour.
3. Knead for about 15 minutes so that the gluten is well formed.
4. Cover and let it for 30 minutes.
5. Stretch thinly the dough into wide strips and at the one side of it spread over the beaten egg.
6. On one strip spread the gulash, with a little spoon, at a 5cm distance.
7. Cover this strip with another, gently pressed around the filling and cut into desired shapes (squares, diamonds, circles).
8. Bring water with salt to a boil, insert formed pasta and cook it for about 5 minutes.
9. Drain and cover with olive oil.
ONION AND PORCINI POWDER
|1 onion, diced
20g dried porcini
|1. Cover microwave plate with baking paper.
2. Place the onions evenly over the entire surface.
3. Set the middle heat and heat it for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from the microwave and cool it on room temperature.
5. Chop onion and mushrooms in a blender.
Kajmak can be melted and serve topped with the pasta or formed and served on the side. Decorate with onion and mushroom powder.